The pungent odor of my old gaming chair was driving me crazy and preventing me from enjoying my gaming sessions. But I didn’t know how to get the smell out of the chair, especially since I had already used too much Febreze on it! I’ve had my computer chair for about 10 years, and have used it extensively to play all kinds of games, but something smells bad in there and I don’t know what it is. It seems worse the more I sit in the chair after prolonged use (such as late night gaming sessions), and when I get up from the chair. The smell makes me not want to sit in the chair anymore, so I need to find out how to get that smell out of my gaming chair as soon as possible! After reading some blogs, I finally found an easy solution that worked in minutes. Read more to find out how to get that smell out of your gaming chair!
Get Smell Out of Gaming Chair: Top Tips
Here are some tips to get smell out of gaming chair
- Put the gaming chair in the sun and let it air out for a while before sitting down on it.
- Put a towel or rag under your feet when you sit down on the chair so you don’t drag any dirt into the upholstery
- Spritz furniture cleaner, spray fabric refresher, or clean with a small amount of dishwashing liquid diluted in water
- Use baking soda and vacuum cleaner to absorb odors
- Place an open box of baking soda near your gaming chair
- Try putting coffee grounds or cat litter inside your gaming chair
- To clean fabrics, use a dry brush and vacuum to remove loose dirt particles from the surface
- Spray woolite onto fabric items for heavy stains
- To treat animal fur: mix vinegar with cold water, then place towels soaked in this solution over items
There are a few different ways to remove the smell
1) The easiest and most cost-effective way is to put a dryer sheet in the bottom of the chair. This will help absorb the odor, but it won’t eliminate it entirely.
2) If you have an unused fabric softener sheet, cut it into pieces and place them throughout the interior of your chair.
3) Use a small bowl or cup filled with an equal mix of water and white vinegar. Place it inside the chair for a few hours or overnight, then remove and discard. The same goes for smelly clothes – just soak them in a solution made up of one part distilled white vinegar mixed with three parts water before washing as usual. It may not be enough to completely rid your garments of the scent, but at least they’ll be fresher!
4) Pour some bleach down into your couch cushion. Cover the cushions with plastic wrap, allowing no air to escape from underneath, and wait for two days before airing out the couch again.
5) Another option would be pouring hydrogen peroxide down the back side of your couch cushion, which can work by drawing some of the odors up through the cushions. (Extra points if you use a combination of methods!)
What Causes Gaming Chair Odor?
The odor in your chair can be caused by a number of different factors, ranging from spilled drinks and food, to pets and babies. Some people may also notice an unpleasant smell when they first open their chair after it has been stored for some time. But don’t worry! There are several steps you can take to remove the odor from your gamer’s chair.
First, it is important that you identify the source of the odor so you know what type of cleaning products you should use. For example, if your game room has been painted or remodeled recently, there may be paint fumes trapped in the fabric upholstery on your gamer’s chairs. To remove these odors, try using baking soda as a scouring powder with liquid dish soap and water. To cover all possible causes of the odor, let this mixture sit overnight before scrubbing it off with warm water. When used regularly, baking soda can prevent odors from developing in your game room.
In contrast, pet stains often have a strong ammonia-like scent that can linger even after scrubbing with vinegar or other types of cleaners (especially urine). To combat these smells on your chair, try sprinkling black pepper liberally over the stain before covering it with an absorbent cloth like old towels or paper towels. Allow this mixture to work overnight before vacuuming away any debris left behind and replacing the affected areas with clean cloths.
Take the time to air it out: The key is to make sure you have enough airflow by opening windows or turning on the fan. If you have pets, make sure they are not in the room. Use baking soda: Sprinkle some baking soda on a clean cloth and wipe down your chair thoroughly. Let it sit for about 15 minutes before vacuuming and then let it air dry. If you don’t want to use baking soda, try white vinegar or fabric softener sheets instead. Keep it clean: Wipe down your gaming chair with a damp cloth after each use and allow it to dry before putting anything else on top of it. If possible, invest in a cover or pillow: These will help keep off any unwanted odors from accumulating over time. For example, if you put your dirty clothes on your gaming chair without covering it up first, your gaming chair may begin to stink like dirty clothes! That’s why we recommend using a cover to avoid this issue. It’s also important to regularly vacuum the surface underneath your gaming chair so no dust accumulates which can cause an unpleasant odor. In addition, change clothes often when playing games at home to prevent game sweat. Avoid fast food: Studies show eating too much fast food can lead to obesity and body odor issues – so stay away from fatty foods while you’re sitting in your gaming chair. Remember, it doesn’t take long for those smells of onion rings or deep fried food to linger in a confined space such as a house or apartment – which means one person can make all the difference when it comes to housekeeping habits around here!